5 Ways to Market Accommodation
With a number of different ways to market accommodation, you will be able to increase bookings throughout the year. Regardless of the size or type of accommodation venue you own, marketing your establishment is essential to get the word out there. Without effective promotion, potential guests will not be able to find your accommodation venue.
Your marketing efforts need not cost the earth either – these simple ways to market accommodation are all affordable to ensure that you can easily work in your marketing plan into your budget.
Simple and Affordable Ways to Market Accommodation
Whether you own a prestigious boutique hotel or a small guest house, there are many affordable ways to market accommodation effectively. Try one or all of the following ideas to get the exposure you need to enjoy increased bookings.
- Free accommodation listings – listing your accommodation on a directory or portal is a great way to promote your venue for free. Simply select the province and town in which your venue is situated, the price range of your establishment and the type of accommodation, then add a description and images that entices guests to choose your accommodation for their business trip or holiday.
- Social media – if you don’t have a Facebook page or Twitter account for your accommodation, you are missing out on the huge potential to market your business online. Social media is a great way to connect to current and future guests, promote your establishment and also promote the area in which you are based.
- Reviews – another approach is to contact leading bloggers or review websites to ask them to review your accommodation. While this may entail offering them a room for a night, a good review is a great way to gain exposure for your accommodation.
- Online press releases – submitting an online press release to a free news distribution site is a good way to introduce rates specials, seasonal promotions or other news relating to your accommodation.
- Blog posts – if you don’t have a website, now is the time to consider one. If you do have a website, regular blog posts are a good way to get the word out there and bring in more traffic to your website. More traffic can often mean more bookings!
Whether you start with free accommodation listings and go on from there, you will always be able to find ways to market accommodation if you think outside of the box.